[RC] Re:flicka and children's books-why some of us got into endurance - Dana B.

Cowboy Ed > wrote:

"my mother tells this story about me, when i was 2 years old and she took us kids to the movies, if there were horses in the movie, i would jump up and down in my seat, point at the screen, and yell, HORSE!  HORSE!"

Ah yes, but having a horse-crazy toddler can be a good thing.  My mother's tale is that her horse crazy young toddler streaked across a stable in Palm Springs once to ferociously hug the knees of a 'bootiful' horse.  Fortunately, the horse must have had nerves of steel or recognized a true soulmate.  In any case he didn't kill me, and my astonished parents were too stunned to realize my danger when it dawned on them that the horse's owner was none other than Cary Grant, standing there with his then-wife Dyan Cannon!

See, horse crazy kids can be great ice breakers.  Of course, I couldn't have cared less about them, but their horse was 'bootiful' :-)

Dana Baldwin,

who totally agrees with Julie that all these wonderful horse books are best read under the blankets by flashlight :-)

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx