Re: [RC] Fat in Ultium - Laney Humphrey

Just in case Susan Garlinghouse is busy out saving SoCal horses, here is the link to her webpage. If you read nothing else, read the beet pulp safety warning story! There is also lots of great info about feeing in the other articles.
http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/index.shtml
Laney

Paul Latiolais wrote:
I stand corrected. Ultium DOES have a lot more fat in it, as compared to Strategy.

Is there an advantage to using that versus adding your own fat?

AND, for a working horse, they recommend up to 16 lbs. a day!!! That is a lot of feed AND a lot of money, especailly compared to the 1-2 lbs I am now feeding with a feed that is half the price.