Re: [RC] [RC] Choke - April

What I do for Tanna is just turn him loose. He does much better if he is free to contort his body in whatever ways he wants to. When given the space, he will trot back and forth with his neck extended and nose very close to the ground. Then he'll violently toss his head several times and try the head low trot again. Eventually, he'll take several swallows of water and then the crisis is over.

I've never had to have the vet out. I've called a couple times, but by the time they get back to me to find out the exact problem, Tanna has worked it out on his own. It's very scary and I hate watching, too. But that's just what I had to do. I just do my best to prevent the situation.

April
Nashville, TN