[RC] New Features and Changes on the AERC Web pages - Michael Maul

New features and changes on the AERC web pages include:

1. Information on the upcoming AERC National Championships in June:

http://www.forthowes.net/

2. Updates to the Decade Teams at

http://www.aerc.org/long_table_list.asp

These riders have ridden their own horse every year in a 50 mile and up endurance ride for at least ten ride seasons. We started this as the 2003 ride season ended and are continuing it for horse and rider teams who become eligible to be a "Decade Team" in 2004 and 2005.

3. From the Education Committee:

If you have questions that you would like to ask the Education Committee - then email dinah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.aerc.org/Education_Questions.asp

Educational Material

http://www.aerc.org/Education_Material.asp

    *  The Art of Pacing the Distance Horse
    * Preventing Pre-Ride Dehydration
    * The Importance of Hydration in the Endurance Horse
    * Coping with Heat and Humidity
    * Preventing the Need for Treatment

    * How Long Does It Take to Complete a Ride?
    * Negative splits can improve performance

Rider Clinics

RIDER CLINICS . . . YOU CAN DO IT; WE CAN HELP!

http://www.aerc.org/Education_Clinic.asp

4. Updated material from 100 mile rider interviews:

While these interviews reflect the individual views of the riders and not official advice of AERC, these leading riders provide wise counsel based on many miles of successful riding. The astute riding will find many common themes as well as some difference in approach. A common theme is that the each horse is unique and the wise rider knows his or her horse and tailors a program to that horse. We strongly recommend reading this interviews and learning from these outstanding riders.

5. Updated information at the Ride Managers page

http://www.aerc.org/RideManagers_Forms.asp

New Help page for the Online Ride Sanctioning at

http://www.doublejoy.com/aerc/rm/Help.asp

6. Updated information at the AERC International page

The AERC liaison in the USA for FEI International Equine Endurance Rides

http://www.aerc.org/Competitions_FEI.asp

7. Updated information on our AERC sponsors page at

http://www.aerc.org/Marketplace_Sponsors.asp

8. Information for those traveling with their horses at

http://www.aerc.org/Sponsors_TravelChannel.asp

9. New AERC Photo Gallery at

http://www.aerc.org/Membership_Photos.asp

10. Updated AERC forms at

http://www.aerc.org/Membership_Forms.asp

If you have not renewed your AERC membership for the year - you can renew online at

http://www.doublejoy.com/erol/aerc/reg/

or for new members with a discount at

http://www.aerc.org/2005membershipregistration.asp

And as always - you can contact AERC at