Re: [RC] [RC] GPS question - April

There are lots of options for that. One of the best I've seen right now is SportTracks. It is a new program, been in development since January 2005. It is free (always good to have free!) for now. I don't know what will happen later, but for now, it's donation-ware.

In order to use SportTracks (unless you have a Forerunner 201), you need to use another program to download the information from the GPS and save it as a GPX file to import into SportTracks. The developer may direct download support for other GPS units (it already exists for the Forerunner 201), but for now, he's focused on other functionality and it's not very hard to get the GPX file (if you need more help on this, let me know and I'll try to put some step-by-step directions together).

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks

This is my favorite program that I've seen.

SportTracks also has support for importing Polar HRM files. I haven't tried that as I don't own a Polar unit, but for those of you with Garmin 201 units and Polar HRM, you might want to check it out to see how well it works to correlate your GPS and HRM data.

April
Nashville, TN