[RC] Closed Cell foam pad - mjwest02

I am new on this site and enjoy reading - however in response to your "white hair" issue.  I also used a 1/2" closed cell foam pad (Classic Equine) and had my mare come up with the white hairs located up where the stirrips are attached - on both sides (western saddle)  This was a 3 hour ride w/some fairly hilly/steep terrain.

After that ride, everytime I went to tack up and she saw that pad, she would scoot out from under it...Hmmm.    I tried cutting the foam out where I thought the pressure points were, but she still didn't like the pad.    Then I switched to a non-slip open weave neoprene pad.  I have been out on a couple long rides, and so far no more white hair and her back has not been sore (like it had been in the closed cell)  I went to a thinner, more breathable pad and I have liked the results.

Mary - new kid (and Shaker)