[RC] skito-regarding what worked! - Kathie Ford

Morning all!  Hope everybody is well and riding for the most part!  Spring is finally here I hope!

anyway a nice gal wrote me after I posted a thank you for advice with the skito issue I was having and asked if I'd share what did work, so I will!

As a recap I had noticed some rub spots behind my saddle a few inches (maybe about 4) where some hair was rubbing out.  I had previously ridden in an english saddle for years and never had that problem..then went to a synergist which I absolutely love and she moves extremely well in now.

Anyway, (sorry..blah, blah blah..I talk to much!lol)  the rubs started to concern me..I had a saddle fitter come look at her and we ended up sending in my saddle for some alterations after using the equimeasure  and the saddle is wonderful now so that was taken care of..but...

Well, still using the skito I rode one time and noticed still some rubs...so Ridecampers came to the rescue!  What worked is this...I pulled out the inserts and cut them back several inches.  I cut them at an angle so the decline of the padding was gradual towards the back but still normal at the shoulders, seat etc...which had been fine!  It worked!!!  Her back looked and felt great, and no new rubs and her hair is growing back nicely.  I did use some arnica gel in the area prior to riding her again just to make sure and help heal any possible tissue damage if present as a caution.

Another suggestion someone had that is good and a friend of my does is spray just a little show sheen or something of that type in the area. Just not under the saddle or you'll have a problem!  just use on that particular area...works great...

So problem solved and big thanks!

Also as a side note with the alterations in saddle her speed increased several miles per hour naturally, and her shoulders and body are so free that she moves like shes not even carrying a rider and saddle..In other words she just flows as she goes down the trail.  I also noticed that she is even friskier and fresher after a ride..which is good.

So nice to have a happy, comfortable horse!

Oh, one other note, I have to say, and this could be a nice topic to discuss, I really really liked using the equimeasure.  I felt it has to be one of the most accurate ways now to get a good fit.   And I have to say the people at synergist are more than helpful and knowledgable in what they do...I am very pleased..well worth it...

So thanks again, back to lurking!!!

kathie