[RC] endurance-massage - Mary Carroll

I massage my horse once a week or so with a hand held plastic tool.  He loves it.  I have had chiropractic work done on him and was given advice from them to work certain areas regularly.  When we do a large amount of dressage training, he always enjoys a massage.

Long distance riding does not seem to affect him as does dressage.  In fact, he prefers to be left alone after a long distance ride.

I would love to have the money to get regular massage or body work.  I have worked with one person-he fixed my shoulder and my dressage trainer no longer "yells" at me.

Mary

I wanted to see how many of you have your endurance horses massaged regularly either at home or at rides. Also, do any of you get regular massages for yourself?
I am curious about everyone's opinion on whether or not they think massage enhances their horses' performance during competition.
For any massage therapists horse or human that have worked specifically on endurance horses and riders, do you see a difference in the performance?
Any feedback would be appreciated. I am getting my finace and his mare ready for her first race in a couple of weeks.

Thanks