[RC] barefoot or not - Mary Bradford

Long long ago I trained my mustang mare for her first endurance ride.  After miles and miles of trotting the Rocky Mountains of Montana over rocky trails we were ready.  Then I read all the rules for entering my first ride.  Shoes or some hoof protection were required.  In all our riding and training, Sable never wore shoes.  Her hooves are like the proverbial iron.  Needless to say, that shot our endurance plans all to hell.  Are shoes still required? If they did away with that rule I would retrain and enter in a heartbeat.  Sounds like this is an unpopular subject but I couldn't find anything about it in the rules on endurance.net.  Like everyone says, to each their own, I've had horses with ouchy feet and feet that are rocks.  They are all different.

Mary

"Mustangs rule!"

Do you Yahoo!?