From: Karen Casemier
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:36 AM
Subject: [RC] Anyone use "regular" English stirrups instead of EZ-rides?

I have EZ ride stirrups, and loved them when I was in a western style
saddle. However, I'm back to an English saddle, and while I found a saddle
that fits my mare wonderfully and has incredible balance for me, I've found
that when I switch to my EZ ride stirrups, my balance is affected. My leg is
no longer underneath me, but slightly in front. I think this is because of
the width of the stirrup platform, so I have to push my foot further
forward. I feel much more secure in my regular stirrups - it is much easier
to two point and post with my leg properly aligned.

I'm just wondering if there is a good middle ground somewhere - something
that will give me a little more comfort without sacraficing my position.
Anyone use the jointed stirrups that flex? Any other ideas? Thanks

Karen and Mazzie