[RC] teaching a horse to pony - heidi larson

I have an unbroke rescue that I'd like to get into some semblance of shape.  I have three well broke horses I could pony from, however, the rescue is scared of one of the horses and when I tried to pony him from this guy, he'd lag behind as far as he could.  I tried in a rope halter, 16' lead (we were out about 14' at times!) and he just won't stay up with us.  To be fair, we were on a gravel road and his feet were ouchy, but we were only walking.  I can stick some e-z boots on next time.  Of the other two horses, one is 28 and has ponied alot of horses, but I hate sticking my grown-up weight on an older horse like that.  (He's my 85# stepdaughter's horse) and my other guy hates this new rescue and he's never ponied a thing before.  And he's spooky and nervous, I'd hate to have an accident and be in the middle of a bad situation.  Any suggestions for my next attempt would be great!

Heidi-aerc#M20935 /\_/\~ http://www.synjinarts.com
~~/~~ \\~~~~ (Wildlife/Western & Equine
| \~~~~~~
| \~~~~