[RC] Adverse Reaction - LOUISE BURTON

Just an FYI..we gave 16 rabies only shots last week.  All of them had a knot on their neck two days later.  Some are bigger than others, and some are sorer than others.  One gelding will still not bend his neck toward the side opposite the injection site.  The severity of the reaction does not seem to correlate with sex or age.
We used two different batches of rabies vaccine, we used new needles, we gave rabies by itself, we message the area after the shot. Last time we gave the vaccine, about half had bad swellings.
Conclusions?
Louise

Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians