Re: [RC] [RC] American-flex saddle - terry banister

You are correct, Angie. The American-Flex saddles are made in GERMANY. Cathy Tauer of Hillview Farms, MN is the USA distributor.

And the other confusion for many people is that the flex-TREE saddles do not have panels that flex, but rather the tree itself flexes, which can cause pressure points on the horse's back, especially if the rider is heavy, tired or unbalanced, or all three.

The flexible-PANEL saddles have a rigid tree for rider support that is attached to flexible Delrin panels, whiich give a larger weight-bearing surface area for the load (like the backpacks the serious hikers use). The horse moves under theAF tree without touching it. And the spinal channel is competely open (With an American-Flex, you can literally see daylight from one end to the other).

The shoulder area of the AF panels are cut in FINGERS that flex in more than one direction, and the front mounting points PIVOT to accomodate high-narrow whithers or low, mutton whithers. The front mounting points can also be RAISED as much as one inch on either side, to accomodate an uneven shoulder of the horse while allowing the rider to remain level and balanced with their riding weight. If the horse is rump high, both panels can be raised to level the riders weight. If a horse is very sway-backed, center SHIMS can also be added into the saddle pad to fill in.

The rear mounting points SLIDE on a channel to allow the panels to actually FLEX in the center when the horse rounds or flattens his back.

These features are what make the American-Flex different even from other Flexible-Panel saddles, and why the AF is able to fit more than one horse simultaneously. It is self-adjusting, moving system that can change with your horse's movement, as well as their changing body condition over time.

I have been riding an American-Flex Cutback for three years , including our latest 100-miler, and would be a dealer for them, if I could purchase the required six saddles and the time to sell them.
The trial period to test a new AF is 2 weeks, and you can return it for a full refund (minus shipping) if you want to.

Terry
"May the Horse be with you"

Terry "May the Horse be with you"