[RC] baby horses - agilbxr

Well, the mare where I board Alpine finally had her baby.  She's only a month overdue.  The girl who owns the quarter mare bred her to an Arab.  The baby is TINY!  The momma is 15.1hands, don't know how tall dad is, but the baby can't weigh 100 pounds.  I have a 65# dog that stands 21 inches at the shoulder, and she's about the same width and body length as he is, just about 4 inches taller.  I've never seen a horse baby so little.

However, she's spunky and happy.  She's 4 days old now and is running and attempting to buck.  I think she's acting just like a little arab, and with some time, will be in your pocket.  She was nibbling on my jeans today.  :)

I love baby horses.  I think I need to find gainful employment just working with the babies.  Preferably other peoples babies cause I couldn't make the decision to get rid of any of them.  Well, and my only horse is a gelding.  Makes it hard to have my own babies.  As it is, I've decided that this baby will be too much for her rather green owner, and in my impractical way, I'm trying to find a way to keep it.  Maybe if I tell the other half it followed me home....

Anyway, had to share the little filly with someone other than the other half, who tolerates my horse only cause Alpine came first, and he realizes that he'd have to leave before Al would.

Juli and Alpine (who's been staring at the little thing in the other pasture for 4 days.  What is that???)