[RC] colic in California - Jeannie Gillen

Help.....almost 3 year old qtr.arab filly just coming off a strong cycle, started the day a bit off, yesterday....took her vitals, and all were wnl....walked her down the dirt driveway where she could munch on fresh grass....which she did...went all the way to the arena.. where she played around, pooped twice and seemed herself again.  By early afternoon, she was wanting to lie down, so I brought her in her stall in the barn where she tucked her butt real tight and laid down..took vitals again....wnl....but very light gut sounds...when she got up, we walked her just a little...as she kept wanting to go back down....not a throw down, just a please let me lie down.  Massaged her butt muscles (running down the hind end ?biceps)....which she was tender to the touch....my theory on that is that when she was in her cycle, she paced her turnout with her butt up in the air so much, of course, it was tight...just my theory...Anyway by mid afternoon, her owner came, and we discussed what to do since we live over an hour from anywhere...we decided to call the owner of a large breeding facility just down the road, that formerly boarded this horse, and he kindly agreed to come up.  Oh, back up....the filly wouldn't eat and wouldn't take bute in any disguise....the owner asked for Banamine....which I had.  The neighbor/breeder.....came up and gave her 5 cc Banamine...vitals are again wnl....
He said, walking a colicky horse is a myth, not much good....so we let her hang out in the breezeway...and get up and down as she determined....no thrashing, no biting at her side....no kicking out....just clearly UNCOMFORTABLE..... the Banamine helped some, she perked up and was noseying around the barn.....After everyone left, I walked her out to some fresh grass, which she nibbled at and pooped...just a little. Within 2 hours after the Banamine, she was wanting to lie down again, and looked sleepy...In the meantime, I gave her loose salt, and encouraged drinking...which she did do.
I let her lie and rest, checking every hour, and she seemed the same.  Around 10pm, she was clearly very uncomfortable again...my bottle of Banamine said 10cc per 1000 lbs. and my neighbor/breeder said to give her more later if needed.  Since she hadn't pooped again since sunset, and was acting so uncomfortable,  I gave her 8cc Banamine...estimating her to be around 800 lbs. ( vitals wnl) and watched her until about midnight....pretty much the same....I went to bed until 3:30 and woke up wondering....It is 4 am  and I just checked her again....the same....she was standing in her stall, but still no poop, and then laid down after I checked her.  She almost likes massage on her belly, but clearly says that's where she hurts.

Neighbor/breed said it might be gas colic....and it might be the EXTREME
weather here in California contributing to it....Wednesday day was 80 degrees, Thursday am was probably 70 and by Thursday sunset it was 34.....

I will call a vet at 7am but wondering if anyone else has had similar experience with powerful strong spring menstrual cycles actually causing a colic???and or the extreme weather changes???? and
what are your thoughts about the "walking" for colic???? It appeared to me, she felt better being walked.......

As always, thank you for your thoughts, it helps to share this.

Jeannie Gillen