RE: [RC] Jim Holland in TX - Jim Holland

Unfortunately, that wasn’t us. <sigh>  We did 80 miles….as the “turtle” all day.  Our second attempt at a 100 ended the same way as the first at about the same point, despite the fact we were taking it very easy.  Magic stiffened up in the hindquarters….although the vets couldn’t find anything sore, sensitive, or tight with a physical check, he was definitely off.  I’m somewhat perplexed at this point.  However, we spent a week in Texas with our friend Penny Sharp, had a great time, rode a beautiful trail, (I LOVE that “blue” loop) and got to meet a lot of very nice people.  More later…

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and a “Glad to be Home”  Mahada Magic

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kristen A Fisher
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:25 PM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Jim Holland in TX

I hope Jim Holland is out there - I got to meet him at our Bluebonnet Ride this past weekend - always neat to meet people from other regions!

I was working as the arrival timer most of the day due to a pasture accident that probably tore my medial meniscus, so I got to see Jim and Magic several times that day [and see Magic give him a kiss!]

I am REALLY hoping he finished the 100 miler - I heard a lot of whooping and hollering around 12:30am, and heard the last rider was in at 2:15am. Was it you Jim???

Kristen in TX