Re: [RC] Stirrup Bar Lumps & Cashel Tush Cush? - Chris Paus

Dabney, I have solved this problem with an EquiBack fleece cover from Libertyville. It covers the whole saddle. Keeps the saddle nice and clean and cushions the seat and everything for me. I have made a minor adjustment. The holes in the fleece for the stirrup leathers are at the bottom and I hate that, so I cut holes near the stirrup bars to put the stirrup leathers on the outside of the fleece cover, like they normally would be on the saddle.

These covers are fairly inexpensive, about $40 and come in colors.

chris

Dabney Finch <dabneyesq@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks to those of you who responded to my question about the combo bit.

Another question:  my english saddle has developed "lumps" where the stirrups attach to the stirrup bars that are bruising my inner thighs (I think because the leather's thinned out there over the years).

I'm thinking of trying the Cashel Tush Cush because it looks from the photo as if it'll cover that area but not all my dee rings.  Comments?

Thanks again!
Dabney

Kansas State Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera.. to the stars through difficult....

BayRab Acres
Paola KS
913-731-5947
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus