Re: [RC] hay - off topic - Dyane Smith

Vicki, I don't recommend this because we need good timothy in the U.S., but, when I was buying it at $20/bale in the mid-80's, I was told that the price was so high because Japan imports it for their race horses.

Dyane
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:50 PM
Subject: [RC] hay - off topic

 All this talk of hay has led me to realize that ridecampers may have answers to some questions I have.

We have recently, after a life time of work, sold our dairy farm. In order to keep as  much of the land as possible and earn a living, we are going in to full time hay production.
We have always made and sold timothy hay to horse owners, but now we will be doing it on a much larger scale - much larger than our local market can support.
I need to explore the possibilities of hauling it south (we are in northern New England) and marketing it.
I would love to hear from any one who has any thoughts on what possibilities there might be, or avenues I might pursue.

Thanks, and my apologies for the off topic post.

-Vicki

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

~ Robert Brault

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!