Re: [RC] Hay Prices in Arizona! UGH!! - Chris Paus

You guys are going to cry.... $2 for a $65 to 70 pound bale of nice brome grass hay and $4 per bale for a $70 pound bale of alfalfa. I pay $25 for a 1200 pound round bale of brome that's been kept indoors and is nice and green and fresh.

chris

Jackie Causgrove <fairhairwolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gee whiz.  I wish I was there.  I have to pay $10.00 for a 50# bale of local grass hay.  Alfalfa is $100.00 for 95# bale!
Goes to show, it could be worse!
Jackie

Lindak <jazena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Last week alfalfa hay was 14.00 for a 100 lb bale.  Yikes!!!!!
Lindak
Lake Elsinore Calif.

Hi,

What are you all paying for hay? I was paying $9 for 110 pound bale of grass or Bermuda last month in Arizona. Now its $11.50 for 110 pound bale of it (some places want $11.99!!!) And suddenly hard to find too, all the stores are out of it.

They say we had so much rain this past fall/ winter/ spring the crops got wrecked.

I may have to start feeding alfalfa at these prices, which I hate to do.

Does anyone know of reasonable hay prices near Phoenix or a little N of Phoenix?

Thanks!