Re: [RC] Fly Control - Barbara McCrary

A woman to whom I sold a horse gave me the gift of a subscription of a full season's worth of the predators. Every month or thereabouts, another package of sawdust would arrive, and when in a few days I could see the little larvae moving about, I would take the package out to the paddock and sprinkle the critters around. Whether it was these or just the season, there were nowhere near the number of flies that we usually have.  I think I'd like to try them again.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 7:08 AM
Subject: [RC] Fly Control

I received a flyer in the mail about "Fly Predators".  They are tiny flys that are supposed to lay their eggs on regular fly larva.  Then I guess the bothersome flys don't hatch out but the tiny ones do, but aren't pests around horses, cattle, etc.....  Any one ever heard of these tiny flys or tried using them in their corral/pasture area?

Becky R. - Montana

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!