Re: [RC] rounded frame - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Sorry guys, but I think I have to agree with Ed.   I just try to stay balanced and keep the horse in balance.   I don't have a lot of excessive ring training on my horses....most likely should.  I am not saying that it isn't a good thing.  I believe that the more ring training the better, ( try to put about 2-3 years on them)  I just don't have the time to do it.  My horses are balanced by miles on the trail.  I try to not interfere with their movement by riding the most balanced that I can.  Kudos to those who can and do the work to get their horses to that point.  We are working with a young horse now, she is 5 yr. old this month.  Again,  just getting her going down the trail with weight on her back at this point.  Try not to jump on me all at once.  :))

Jody and the girls

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A horse with a balanced conformation and movement is a better choice for
endurance than is one you have to work to get him balanced through
collection. I had one I sold because he was just too heavy on his
forehand. He's much better off doing what he is doing now.

I look for a horse that is naturally light on his/her forehand. I think
it is especially important for a heavyweight rider.

Truman

--

?With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things
and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil