Re: [RC] rounded frame - Truman Prevatt

A horse with a balanced conformation and movement is a better choice for endurance than is one you have to work to get him balanced through collection. I had one I sold because he was just too heavy on his forehand. He's much better off doing what he is doing now.

I look for a horse that is naturally light on his/her forehand. I think it is especially important for a heavyweight rider.

Truman

Ed Kilpatrick wrote:

i dont worry much about a rounded frame in endurance riding. i think if you have a good horse that has a balanced, natural carriage, and is accustomed to carrying the rider's weight, you dont have to do a lot to put them into any kind of frame. i am not saying just flop around on them like a sack of potatoes, though. as a rider, i try to stay well balanced on my horse and keep my body in the position that makes it as easy for him to carry me as possible. i think that with endurance riding, the horse needs to work equally well with the front and rear. i dont use a lot of leg pressure when i am riding. i just try to straddle my horse, keep my legs off of him and let him work. the only time i use any leg pressure is to aid in tight turns. cowboy ed

--

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” Steven Weinberg – Nobel Laureate, Physics