[RC] 2005Pac - John Teeter

Steph and I are back near Buenos Aires at the home Dr. Miguel and
Celina Pavlosky. In training for the upcoming PAC. it is 14 days away
and the pace is picking up. Team Moro (The Pavlosky's) have 9 horses
in qualified, training, and ready to go (6 for the Senior championship
and 3 for the Junior Championship which will be run on the same
day). 3 of the horses are here, the other 6 out at the Estancia, which
is closer to Pinamar.

Everyday Steph, Miguel, and Miguels son in law, Pablo are up and out
for a 2 hour training session b/f the normal work day. Training here
is a bit different from the normal endurance training schedule I've
seen before. The daily schedule being the largest difference.
Intervals - lots of controlled bending movements - elevation of the
cardiovascular system - head work - it's different when done in close
quarters. The horses on the estancia have a bit of a different
schedule, but similar I think.

It must be effective as the records show that Miguel has been
Argentine National Champion on Moro Tigre twice (2003 and 2004). Tigre
is an 8 year old stallion. It is a joy to be able to ride such a
creature. Well behaved and very forward/sure of every step. Mora
Austria, the mare which will be ridden by Leonard Liesens of Belgium,
placed 3rd in the 2003 Argentine championship (again with Leonard on
board), and Moro Afamada, whom Steph will ride, finished in 9th in
2003 (did not compete in 2004).

There are an expected 300+ horses coming to Pinamar over the next two
weeks. There should be @60 in the Senior championship division, @40 in
the Young Riders championship. Then on Sunday, there are
120km/80km/40km events schedules (accounting for the other 200+
horses).

We've heard Brasil is bringing 24 horses! Riders from Chile,
Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, Mexico, US, Belgium, Japan, New Zealand,
England, UAE, Qatar, and Idaho are rumored to be ready to try the deep
sand of Pinamar ... (ok, Idaho really didn't need to be in that list,
but ....:) - It's a 4AM start!

more later,

johnt

(btw: there is a 8 day all breeds international equine exhibition
starting tomorrow in BA. 800+ horses from all over the world with
exhibitions in nearly all equine disciplines - well except endurance
... - I'm not sure what our schedule is going to be but it will
certainly be nice to check it out)