Re: [RC] WRY Tail - Marv Walker

I have been reading the posts on the "wry" tail. I have a Morgan mare that holds her tail off - and not necessary to one side or the other. I bought her when she was 9 and she will be 13 in June. A few months into my new ownership I noticed that she seemed to hold her held up high, ears back and almost seemed to have a continuous headache. I had a chiro come out and he adjusted her withers and adjusted her neck/head. I had wondered if in her past she had been "flipped" in training due to her head/wither problem and with the tail to one side. The chiro couldn't tell me anything certain. The adjustment did her wonders! And I have given her massages too! The tail is a funny thing, though because, depending on the direction she is going, that is the direction she will hold her tail!

Pretty much anything could have knocked her out of alignment. She could have rolled wrong, had a collision with another horse, made an abrupt, unexpected turn, poor saddle fit, wrong hoof angle, mounting or any of a number of other events.

It sometimes takes more than one adjustment to resolve
alignment problems.  When one area is addressed a corresponding
protective area may need attention.  You won't go wrong with
regularly scheduled chiro visits.  You certainly are being helpful
with the massage.  It is stunning how much of a difference these
sessions can make in a horse.  Sometimes improvement is instant,
sometimes it takes a day or so or maybe even additional treatments.

The body is a complex structure.  The body addresses problems by
compensating in other areas.  This taxes those areas as well and when
the obvious problem is resolved the other "problems" react to having
no purpose and in so doing my then become the major problem such
as keeping the tail cocked.

Marv "A PITN can be caused by a PITA." Walker
http://AwarenessHorsemanship.com
http://VideoBookstore.com

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.4 - Release Date: 3/27/2005