Re: [RC] Wry Tail - Chris Paus

Well, my guy Star who has fabulous conformation and gets regular chiro care, holds his tail off to the right. My horse Zab who is built like he was put together by committee, holds his tail straight up. I was told that the side to which they hold the tail shows whether the horse is right or left footed... along with the side of the mane. Star holds his tail to the right, he also has a right sided mane and definitely moves better on his right. However, when the chiro finds something, it's usally in his right shoulder. He told me that my horse's back has gotten better and better over the years of distance riding, so I know the tail thing is not from discomfort, it's just him!

chris

ibiteraaarr@xxxxxxx wrote:
What an interesting topic. Oddly enough, my horse carries his tail naturally very highbut slightly off to one side. I knew both his sire and dam and to my knowledge, neither of them carried their tail to the side, though the sire was a show Saddlebred who's tail was cut for showing. What's not surprising is my horse sustained a very severe neck injury as a 2 year old in training when he flipped over when being ground driven. Add that to the fact that he's club footed on his front left foot so he favors one side over the other. I guess my poor guy is a confirmational disaster. And I wouldn't trade him for anything :)

Kansas State Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera.. to the stars through difficult....

BayRab Acres
Paola KS
913-731-5947
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus