[RC] New Items from Conv -Testing - Roger Rittenhouse

Short report on a few new products I picked up at the convention

APF - After reading all the real science and assorted studies as well as personal reports, I decided to try this product. Yes, costly but IF it really works to build the immune system and helps with things like stress, travel and MOSTLY for our COPD horse, it will be a good product.

As with most OTC products I test run them on me also. I take 1 mL per day - not sure yet BUT 'I think' my allergies are less. I changed nothing else. Its sort of subtle, I feel better, a bit more 'up'. Shall see in a week or so. COPD horse is on a anti-allergy shot once per month provided by Univ TN, but at this time of year he gets to hacking a bit, especially when ridden. He went out a day ago after only using this for 3 days, not a bit of hack or cough. He gets 3mL per day. Suppose to up it to 4. I also give it my regular horse, 2mL per day to help with some other issues related to a vac reaction last year.. long story. Will go though 2 bottles between the horses and me and see what happens.

EQUIPEDIC Saddle Pad. Well I finally bought in to this pad. At the convention prices I just had to try it.. you know something new that needs to be evaluated.. and the price was right. Only had it on him one ride - 4 miles..not long enough to tell much. I used only this pad..The sweat pattern was different.. even all over, back was very cool - I will use the temp gage on the next ride to see if the temps under the pad are lower. I know what the temps are under the Skito pad. while I have used the SKITO pad for many yrs (10+), New technology justifies this test run. I will say, I still think the use of the Skito pad along with the LB Corrector Pad has worked quite for us this past year. New products may work better.
--

WHAT I DID NOT SEE
No one had any PLASTIC shoes. There was suppose to be a 'new' style but I did see it. Looks like the flex plastic shoes for our use has gone down the trail? The best 'plastic' shoe I have used was there. the EQUITHOICS Horse Sneaker. IF I lived and rode in the west or any place WITHOUT the RED GA CLAY MUD, I would use this shoe. I am half tempted to try them again and just not ride in the mud rides.. there are only a few rides where this shoe would not work.

Roger Rittenhouse Equine Performance Tech 888-216-6602 USA/CAN voice only 423-253-3882 Cell voice only 724-408-9909 FAX www.vmaxept.com