[RC] Reintroduction & Looking for Sonoma County riding partners - Linda Cowles

Hi folks,

It's been a looooong time since I've done any endurance but... I'm baaaaack!!! <Heh! heh! heh!). Some of you remember me (I've been in my share of bloody Ridecamp wars!), but I've been away for a while and my life has taken some very wild twists and turns, so I felt a reintroduction was appropriate.

I last rode endurance 4 years ago, prior to being jettisoned from my high-tech career in San Jose. Once I realized how bad the economy was, I relocated to Mendocino County and opened up a tack store. I love horses and buying tack, love talking to horse people... the tack business was a LOT more fun than high-tech! It was time well spent.

My customers loved The Horse 'N Hound, and I loved it too - when I could actually be there. Unfortunately most of my time was devoted to bookkeeping because of the consignment part of the business, or working on the side to finance growing the business.

So this week I sold most of the Western inventory and turned over my storefront to the woman who helped me out at the shop. I'm out of it.

I now live in Guerneville, California, (Sonoma County) and live on 10 acres next to Armstrong Woods Park with the man in my life, Phil. I'setting up a mobile tack business that'll support my real passions -- riding endurance and providing natural hoofcare and hoof rehabilitation (barefoot trimming and mentoring). I love saddle and bit fitting, too, and will help anyone in the area looking for assistance.

The *worst* part about the past three years was that I seldom had time to ride my wonderful horse and best friend, Gavilan (aka Gabby) -- and I lost touch with so many great endurance friends.... I rode enough last year to get a solid foundation started on Gabby, and am looking for training partners who are doing long mileage at a moderate pace.

Call me - or write - if we can meet somewhere!!!

Happy Trails!!    Linda

Linda Cowles
Certified Hoof Care Provider
707-621-0240 - Cell