Re: [RC] Rider weight - Allegra C

Wow that is so cool. I just started eating "all natural" it's mostly a religious thing. I'm doing this for a year and one day. The idea is to not put any thing in my body that isn't in it's natural, or very close to natural such as cooked, state. I've only been doing this for about a week, and already I've lost 4lbs, feel great, and haven't gotten sick even though my house is full of sick people.

Amy <scharmen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I think maybe it would be helpful for people to share how they've lost the
weight and successfully kept it off.

I was one of those "always wanting to lose 15-20lbs" people for a few years.
As a kid, I was SKINNY, but in my 20s, I found I couldn't just eat whatever
I wanted to anymore. I tried eating all the low fat processed food during
that craze, nope, didn't work. I really didn't consider my diet to be that
bad and couldn't understand why I could not lose those darn pounds. About
1.5yrs ago, I decided to become a vegetarian, still was eating processed
foods though and still not losing weight. I have always been sick, lots of
allergies, sinus and brochitis issues and I knew dairy was a big problem for
me, so finally last fall I gave up dairy, I'd tried before, but it's really
hard to do. Also gave up refined sugars and grains and processed foods.
Instead of snacking on processed junk, I get a healthy nut mix at my local
health food store, mix in some salty pistachios for more flavor, mmmm! Lots
of fruit, veggies, beans, whole grains and the weight just fell off with no
change in my activity level at all. AND better than losing that weight, I
haven't been sick since October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last spring at this
time, I was incredibly sick with bronchitis and asthma for three months.
This year I'm feeling absolutely great and off my asthma meds so far too!

My new motto is, "If my body cannot use the food I'm eating, then why eat
it?" So much of the junk in the Amercian diet cannot be used by the body.
When you eat what your body can use, you can be much healthier and will
easily get to your correct weight. Giving up pop is HUGE, even the diet
pop, aspartame is extremely bad for your health anyhow, I gave up anything
with that too and I was a gum chewing junkie.

Amy