Re: [RC] Calling someone skinny.... - Amber Roberts

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Yep.  And although the skinny extreme may not be as common as the other
extreme in our country, it is a health issue that is sometimes too hushed
up in our culture.  Anorexia nervosa and bulemia are SEVERE health issues,
and there are others who are too skinny for other health reasons.  If
someone is struggling with either situation, the remarks can be as cruel
and cutting as the remarks about fat people.

Heidi

I've read that Terri Schaivo's heart attack was brought on by an eating disorder, so yes, this is extremely serious.

Amber