Re: [RC] fuel costs affecting ride schedule - LAWRENCEC BENNASCONI

 Since diesel went up so much, and I have a 75 mile daily commute, I found an older, but low mileage Honda Accord for $1000. 87 model, but only 80,000 miles, 4 door auto, ac, cruise, all the power options. Gets 33 MPG to boot! my weekly fuel cost was more than cut in half. Cars like this last 300,00 miles if maintained, and will pay for itself in fuel savings. My trucks sits in the driveway during the week, plus I don't have to hook and unhook my trailer after I ride so I can go to work the next day, and I only have to fill it up about once a month.  Also, now I'm not wearing the truck out driving back and forth to work, so once it's paid for it will still have low mileage and I can go buy a new horse trailer! I am only putting less than 10K a year on it now. Also, I don't have to worry about parking in the last spot out at the grocery store to avoid door dings!