Re: [RC] Dodge Ram Transmissions - Suzi Maiorisi

I have a 97 Dodge that as soon as my divorce is final I'm trading for anything BUT a Dodge.  In the past 1.5 years it's had a rebuilt transmission (Jan 04 was in the shop for 2 weeks while I was on a week long trail ride)(extended warranty and a step son who is the sales manager at the local Dodge place), bought with 4 passenger tires on it that all had to be replaced, a water pump, warped exhaust manifold (those were in Jan of this year just prior to the annual trail ride AGAIN) and time for my next trail ride (February) and the drive train crapped out...nope, no more Dodge vehicles in my future again!
Suzi.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:21 PM
Subject: [RC] Dodge Ram Transmissions

<<<We have a 1999 Dodoge Ram 2500 V10 - We started having  transmission problems at around 60,000 miles while the truck was still under warranty - The dealership sort of bandaged the the transmission and we had to rebuild at 108,000 miles after the warranty expired.  Has anyone else had similar problems?  We are trying to deal with the Dodoge dealership and any input would be appreciated!  Thank you.  Pam and Doyle Bailie>>>

I thought these transmissions were under a recall.  We have a friend who had a Dodge truck that had the transmission replaced three times, and he still bought another Dodge.  We have a Dodge dealership right down the street from us.  The problem was so bad that they would keep transmissions in stock and got so good at changing them out they could do it in a half hour.

Carolyn Burgess
Email:
carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 1-978-897-6624