Re: [RC] [RC] Rider weight - Jackie Causgrove

That's wonderful  Losing weight and getting fit is more about a life style change (and hence that is why it is so difficult).
Anyone who is successful at that deserves a lot of cheers!! :)

I also think, that if losing weight was easy, then it wouldn't be an issue (health or otherwise) for a lot of people. And this is coming from a person who never has had a weight issue.  I'm 5'4" and for most of my life, I've been in the 100-105 pound range.  I've also been very athletic.

But I don' t think it helps matter much when someone is asking questions regarding weight (obviously, she understands there is a weight issue otherwise she wouldn't have been writing ), that "just lose a few" in capitols letters is productive response.  Especially when the other responses were productive.

It obviously hit a chord because there has been a lot of responses to this thread.
I've found it interesting too.

Jackie

Christina McCarthy <christina_mccarthy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am 5'8 and weigh 160...I am going to loose a few more lbs...last year at
this time I was 190...I didn't want to hurt my horse so I started to loose
weight. What I found was my balance improved and I wasn't so cumbersome. I
started running again to get in better shape, I figure if my horse is on a
training program, so should I...
Chris & JJ

I'm 110 pounds. But when I saw this my response was "Yikes, this is
uncalled for!".
I guess in our society that promotes stick figures for beauty, this type of
response was bound to happen!
Jackie

Dlpugli@xxxxxxx wrote:
If you all are so worried about your horse's health, lose a few!

Do you Yahoo!?