Re: [RC] kids and endurance/LD - Alice Yovich

One rider has suggested I find a ride where the riders who will ride farther don't loop back on the LD riders, so I'm kind of looking for such a ride in TX. I could take her, enter and then we can always stop if she's too tired. I don't want to do it before she's 8. I have a mental mark to try one next fall or next spring. I'm not really in a hurry. She just wants to do it so badly and then gets so upset with herself when she wipes out.

We rode drag for a foot race for spring and she did that 10 miles just fine. what she liked best was that the runners had food/drink on the trail every 3 miles or so.  that kept her perked up.  If I can feed her at will, she lasts a lot longer.

Today I just brought us home and all the way home she was sorry we hadn't gone riding this am. She loves riding and can't ever seem to get enough, nor can the pony.