[RC] Easy mare - Alice Yovich

By the time this comes, you may have had many other replies (as I am out of town, typing on my computer with no internet hook up and this won't be sent for days) but here goes...My mare used to have the same problem with a gelding in her field. Only, it worse than just mounting...I couldn't catch her either b/c he would chase her away from me every time I tried to catch her.  Is there any way you can switch the pasture around to board just mares with mares? We may be about to do this at my barn b/c another mare (not mine) is this easy and she's old, so we may be shifting the geldings and the mares to live only with each other.

I have used a product called Ex-stress ( or is is stress-X, I can't never remember) It's a B complex and magnesium supplement. It's good for hyper horses and for mare problems. I discovered that it was a mare problem supplement secondary.  I suspect it's the B-1 that's in there.

My barn manager has used Moody Mare and really likes it.  She also feeds just straight B-1 to her mare and it seems to help. Her mare has really strange hormones, so it's an idea anyway.

Good luck.