Re: [RC] Riding/pregnancy/delivery, etc. - Barbara McCrary

Which was, I believe, the original way of delivering in pre-history and more recent times until the advent of modern medical intervention. I am chuckling, because horseback riding does wonders for the leg muscles and the ability to squat or rise to a stand from a sitting or squatting position. We riders have an advantage there......

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:05 AM
Subject: [RC] Riding/pregnancy/delivery, etc.

I have a friend who is a hunter/jumper rider, a serious top flight competitor as a young woman.

When her baby began to struggle during labor her doctor said that they needed to consider a C section  unless she  thought she could assume a squatting position, which sometimes facilitates delivery.

She  said something on the order of  "Boy, can I", hopped up on the table and promptly delivered her son.

Nancy Sturm

Nancy Sturm
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.