[RC] Difficult Ride... Rides of March - Sherman

Second: After the 15 mile / 15 min vet check we had a 20 mile
loop to do. Out in this loop we had a hill that was just a
killer. A lot of horses I think got into trouble on this hill. I
got off and walked up the hill and I sure saw a lot of riders
taking this same approach. I heard this was a 7,000 foot climb
but could have mistaken that information?

Just thought this should be cleared up so no one is discouraged about trying this ride next year. There was a mistake or misunderstanding. The elevation from the base to the top of that hill was 997', done twice for a total of 1996'. Sounds like it was a tough climb though. Don't know what the total elevation for the entire 50 miles is, maybe that is 7000'.

Kathy