Re: [RC] Vaccinations by mail - Jackie Causgrove

Hi
When I used to work for a vet, we received the vaccinations the same way that I received them personally (even in the lower 48 and in Ak).

I always kept the serial numbers of the vaccinations that I gave (I have a notebook with all the info on each animal and under the heading of "Vet", I would tape the label off the bottle unto that animal's page.  That way I knew what animal received what vaccination and of course, dated etc.  I did this for both the kennel and the barn).

Since the supplier was the same for personal and the vet office, what would make me think there was any difference in how one was handled from the other?

As stated before, I had a kennel of approx 22 dogs and a barn.  I've never had a vaccine failure in either equine or canine.  Although, there was a large vaccine failure up here in Ak many, many years ago.  Haven't heard of anything recently.  Statistically, how frequent are there vaccine failures?  (I don't mean operater error).

Jackie

Jonni <jonnij@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>even if they come to you with a still-cold cold pack. IMO it isn't worth
the risk--better to pay the extra to buy them directly from a
veterinarian.<<<

I have heard this many times, and agree...and I am NOT a vet. But then, I
also just have the vet do mine, even tho' I am completely capable of giving
my own. I have had a few reactions on one horse, so I'd rather have the vet
be the one to give it, in case he does react.

Jonni