I have two amazing kids 7 and 5 who both ride and love horses. Me, those kids were worth 1000 hours of labor.
Even with a tough birth, I was riding within a month. It can be done, just get yourself a mounting block-it's hard hauling that belly up in the saddle.
Tiffany-who can't wait to get my daughter on an endurance ride-her too. She loved being at Warner Springs this year as crew and got big eyes when she heard of the 8 year old who completed.
On Mar 15, 2005, at 5:47 PM, Teri Hunter wrote:

I was 4 months pregnant with my first.? Didn't tell anybody because my family is non-horsey people.? At 4 months I won a blue ribbon jumping.? My son was 1 month late coming into this world and I too was induced.? He is 25,?6'3" and just got out of the Navy after 7 years and is going to school.? You should see him ride, he is a natural jumper.? And dance, he looks like Fred Astaire........?? The more fit you are the easier the delivery...... so they say.
?
Teri Hunter
SE Region
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of larry Miller
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:36 PM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] pg and riding

Laura did great when she rode pg.? She was fit, healthy, and had one heck of a good time.? I rode until about 10 days before delivery.? I knew every rock, tree, and shrub where I could tinkle too.? I cantered and whatever else.? The neighborhood figured I was going to have my kid while riding.? I didn't, he is 34 now, fights fires in Oregon, is 5' 6" (heighth comes from dad), is smart altho lazy.? He went to college, majored in Russian, and now is getting a degree in Forestry.? (I told you so son).? He is a good kid,? a balanced rider, a fantastic skier who still skiis over the back of mom's skiis to hear me shriek, a good fire fighter.? Like Laura I was fit and practically doing hand stands to start labor.? I still had to be induced.? I figure one does what one is comfortable doing.? I will admit to having a hard time getting on the horse as my belly got bigger.? Riding kept me sane and still keeps me sane.? Jeanie