Re: [RC] pregnancy (riders) - Laura Hayes

There have been discussions in other years - you can check the archives.

I did a 50 at 7.5 months pregnant-  was third.  My last ride around the farm bareback was 24 hours before my water broke, and 48 hours before giving birth.  I did another 50 miler 3.5 weeks after having a healthy baby boy - nursed him at the vet checks.

I have been flamed for these statements in the past, so I will defend myself now and tell you that I was 24 years old, not too long out of a Division 1 athletic career, and fit as a fiddle.  My child never had so much as an ear ache, and is now 6'5" and has $21,000 worth of scholarships to college, so I did not hurt him physically or mentally!!!

Don't try this at home.  I am not recommending it to anyone- but it worked for me.

Laura Hayes
Vine Cliff Farms
Brocton, NY
AERC# 2741