Re: [RC] pregnancy ( the human kind :-) ;-) ) - Tiffany D'Virgilio

I didn't do any rides, but I rode with both my pregnancies until about three weeks before I gave birth. At that point, I was simply too uncomfortable, too unbalanced and too tired to haul my body onto a horse. I wasn't allowed to gallop too much, but my OB was fine with my riding and encouraged it as it was good exercise. I found the first weeks of pregnancy to be worse for riding as I was queasy and the sun made it worse. After about 12 weeks I was good to go. I think I did a CTR during my second pregnancy. It's probably different for everyone, but once your balance goes, it might be a good idea to stop.
I was right back to riding after 4 weeks each time. Long trail rides when breast feeding are a no-go. I was in complete pain after two hours and looked like Pam Anderson. You know how miserable cows look when they don't get milked? That would have been me.
Tiffany