Re: [RC] Where are the 25 mile LD Rides?? - Suzi Maiorisi

There are those of us (creak, snap, pop) that..ouch...eeek...think 25 is a GREAT distance to ride and that (OMG, don't move that way) 50 is WAY out of our reach (NO, I don't want to have another surgery on that knee...I've already had two thank you).  I aspire to do more than 25, but don't see one happening anytime soon, and yep, CT (Texas in particular!) has LOTS of LD rides to go to...and lots of really nice people to hang with while waiting on the 50 milers to come back to camp Smiley emoticon
Suzi and Holly
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Where are the 25 mile LD Rides??

Sorry about that.  Come to TX, there are LOTS of ride, almost every month.  But to be serious, areas that don't have a lot of rides seem to be areas that don't have a lot of riders, or enough riders to put on rides.  An idea might be to go and do some volunteering AFTER you have done a loop or two and compared your self with the others.  No money output and then if someone has the misfortune to loose a horse, like I did, you are ready to help.   It really is NOT that much more prep to do a fifty.  AND your horse get the experience of going to a ride.  Just a suggestion.  I may get flamed for this.