[RC] re:supplements - LAWRENCEC BENNASCONI

I have a gelding that fell twice last year, and had a mysterious lameness for about a year. He was sound in the pasture, running, jumping and bucking, but when you tried to ride the head was straight up and out and the ears were flat back. Last year he fell in the trailer going to a ride (after someone decided to pull out in front of me and stop). Then a month later he was running in the pasture and wasn't paying attention and ran into a stump (the only thing in my pasture that they could possibly get hurt on!) He ripped an 9 x 9 inch section of skin off his upper front leg/shoulder area. Vet sewed what he could up, but the rest could not be bandaged due to the location. After the wound healed, he wasn't "right".  I took him to vets hear home, even took him to rides with me just to have the vets look at him and see if they had any ideas of the mysterious lameness. I had always thought that it must be in his back, but every vet I spoke with told me they would have to do X Rays, probably start at the hocks and stifles and see what they found (about $1000)  I knew that wasn't the problem, and I didn't want to throw away the $100 just to prove to them that I was right. Why can't vets listen to owners more? They have the technical knowledge, but we know our own horse better than they ever could. The first of December, I started him on the ABC's plus. After talking to ABC, they told me that it would take 30 days for the plus to get into his system, and if there was no improvement in 6 weeks, I might want to try their Joint Jolt also. At the end of December, my gelding was ridable again. Also, on the site of the injury on the front leg/shoulder, he had developed hard knots of scar tissue, they stood out about an inch and were about 3 inches long in two places. The scar tissue is going away!!!! As of now, they are completely gone. Not to say that the Plus will work in every case, but it really worked for my guy. Now, one year after his injury, every time I open a magazine they are talking about Sacral injuries, and my gelding definitely had all the symptoms.  KV vet supply has the cheapest price, Jeffers is about $4 higher.