[RC] thegahr.net - Tom Sites

Hello,  This is a notice that a web-site is under construction (by Frauke who is German, living in the UK and speaks English in an Australian accent and was referred to me by CuChullaine of the Long Riders Guild) and we are trying to contact those involved w/ the GAHR that have e-mail to join a Yahoo Group devoted to communication and a staging area and transfer for the web-site.

My computer crashed and its all over to start again.  I have Hope Lundquist  # 21, Rick Bingham # 51, Mark White # 61, Curt Lewis, Author GAHR of 1976, Helen from Australia # 79.  If any one has any others would you please respond.  This Group and future site is a means by which to stay in touch,  tell stories,  Remember those that have passed and keep the History of the GAHR in a format easily navigated by those that show interest, now and in the future.

Merryben, you can keep us posted on Leroy and share how you ended up with him.  This is a Hall of the Horses/Mules/Ponies too.  Diane Marquard does not have a computer tho she has photos and a story that could be scanned and sent if anyone could assist her.(Celeste??)
Rosalie has helped scan, send and set-up the yahoo chat and photos and can scan something if you don't know how.  I sent her numerous newspaper clippings and even the Ripley Believe it or Not about the GAHR, the key to the city of Hannibal, Team La Fayette plaque, and a weatherbeated poster.....

So, it is the first day of the GAHR in the ether of the web and who knows what trail and what will happen down the road?  Helen came up with a beautiful Trail in Australia that is over 3K miles long.  That would be an adventure.  It will be a site devoted to fun, stories, photos and artifacts and what ever comes up with a group of aging citizens who still have the lust for adventures.  Thats why this undertaking is so important....To Preserve the History of the Great American Horse Race.

In the book Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse, it was said that..."all things will come if you pray, fast and wait".

Thank you,
tom sites # 77