RE: [RC] [RC] black streaks on trailers - Flora Hillman

July -  Do you live under an airport flight path?  If you do, those black streak are residue of jet exhaust, not oxidation.

Hate to say -- you have to either keep your trailer under cover or wash it at least once every other month to keep up with getting the residue off. Otherwise the soot sets into the paint and nothing gets it out -- at least nothing I've found yet.  My steel trailer suffers the same problem -- I'm under the incoming western flights into Dulles Airport -- and the only solution I've found is to scrub it with a stiff brush using a super heavy duty cleaner.  I also repaint my trailer every year -- a PITA but at least it looks brand new when I'm finished.  I'm going to try a good coat of wax this year and see if it deters the soot from staining the paint.