Re: [RC] favorite color - rdcarrie

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn Kinsky <lkinsky@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:27:20 -0800
Subject: RE: [RC] favorite color

<So, those of you who have a preference, is that the color that your first horse was?>

I love chestnuts with lots of chrome (4 high whites and a blaze) and flaxen manes/tails.  My first horse was a little brown pony (an evil little sucker LOL).  Second was a sorrel QH mare.  My first Arab was a liver chestnut mare...no white except a little star, but she's sweet and pretty (which is why I bought her...didn't know anything back then <G>).  Still got her.  But when I started shopping for a new distance horse (she also hates distance riding) I didn't care about color.  Ended up with another chestnut/flaxen, big white star, one short white - a huge gelding who dumps me regularly.  He's 19 now and has chiro problems from a fall that we can't seem to resolve.  Went shopping again...wanted a CMK gelding...lots of those "tend" to be chestnut with chrome...now have a 4 1/2 yr old at the trainer - chestnut, 2 high whites, blaze, belly spot.  But, I just bought a black bay with no white except about 5 white hairs on his forehead.  So I'm busting ou t of my rut.  Look out, I'll be buying a gray (my least favorite color) next!! LOL

Dawn in East Texas (whose husband says NO MORE HORSES!!)