RE: [RC] favorite color - Lynn Kinsky

Title: RE: [RC] favorite color
I like bays, myself.  And I've got this theory - your favorite horse color tends to be the color of your first horse.  The horse that you first spent all that time on, especially if you got started as a kid.

So, those of you who have a preference, is that the color that your first horse was?

I grew up in the city, so no horses.  But I always played Trigger when we played horsie on the playground.  Hence palomino was my favorite color.<g>

But my first horse was a small grey mare. . . . and I bred her to a chestnut and got a grey daughter and a chestnut daughter -- both of whom produced palominos when bred to a palomino stallion.  The stallions were the strongest ones I could find -- I'd have bred to them even if they were purple -- but it was my good luck that they let me indulge my color wishes as well!
--

 Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA