[RC] trailer drop down windows - Betty Edgar

Why would you need bars on the window if you install screens?  The screens I have on my drop down windows are so strong that a horse could not push thru them so they provide the same security as bars IMO.   I think you'd find the solid bars a nuisance and too restrictive.  Sometimes you need to water thru the drop down window, or more hay in the manger, or have free access to the horse's head.  Reaching thru fixed bars to tie or untie a horse could be dangerous if the horse suddenly pushed forward with your arm/hand in the wrong position.  As I see it, there are many reasons to avoid solid or fixed bars across the opening.

Betty Edgar