[RC] Hauling question - Chris Paus

I'm sending a 10 month old colt from Kansas City to San Antonio over the weekend. His new horse mom is coming up to get him. She's gonna loff him.. he's a bay Anglo with huge white star and lots of charisma.

Anyway, we both are wondering what's the best way for him to haul? She's got a 3h slant load trailer. He's been hauled quite a bit in my 2H straight load GN, but just short trips. It will probably be a 15-16 hour trip for him.

Should she keep the dividers up and put him in one stall? Or open it up and let him have some room. Do you think he'd lie down on the trip? Would that be safe for him? He is still a baby and does take naps.

His sister was shipped last year, about the same age, but a commercial hauler did it and I don't remember what his stall arrangement was like.

Previous to that, I sent a yearling Anglo with her new mom to Houston and they traveled in a 2H straight load BP. The filly was pretty tired when they got there, but Ok.

Thoughts????????

chris

Kansas State Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera.. to the stars through difficult....

BayRab Acres
Paola KS
913-731-5947
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus