[RC] Horse trainer payment - Lysane Cree

Hi,

I am glad to hear that it is not all that uncommon. It is reassuring. In fact, almost everyone I have asked so far (on ridecamp and elsewhere) has said payment is made at the beginning (i.e. before training). Only two people have said they paid at the end or accepted payment at the end.

/I would not feel confident in paying a trainer up front if I was not =
/100% sure of him. But then if I was not 100% sure my horse would not be
/there

I agree with you Paddi - When it was time to decide what to do, those were my thoughts. If I have confidence in him to train my horse, then I should have confidence to pay him up front. Otherwise, I should be looking for someone else. So I feel I made the right choice. I will be going by to visit on the weekends and will keep close tabs on her progress, so that is comforting too. I feel like I just sent a kid off to college or something (and I don't even have kids yet) LOL

Lysane