[RC] horse trainer payment - Ed Kilpatrick

lysane,  i ask for the training money up front. out of about 75 clients,  i have had three  people in the last 7 years who didnt like the idea of paying up front. one paid, but griped, the other two looked for another trainer.   i train because i love working with horses and helping people who are having problems.   i ask for the money up front because it is risky business working with untrained horses.  my training fees include feed, etc. and i own my property, so it is kind of like paying rent in advance.  i discuss my training plan and the owner's expectations so that we both know what to expect as outcomes.  so far, no one has gone away unhappy.   i take a lot of pride in what i do. no amount of money is worth a tarnished reputation.   the money is your way of saying that you trust the trainer to do the best job for you, and is also a part of the trainer's incentive to impress you with his/her skills.
i have been the client in a couple of cases, too.   i paid up front without hesitation.

cowboy ed